Hiring a roofing contractor can be a daunting tasks. Before scheduling an appointment for the installation, ask your contractor these important question.
1. Are you licensed, bonded and insured?
If not, move on to the next one.
2. Will you provide me with a written estimate with specifications?
You definitely want to know exactly what work your contractor will and won't do.
3. Can you provide residential references of at least six former customers?
If a contractor is hesitant to share this information, he may be hiding little to no experience or even bad experiences.
4. Do you provide warranty with this installation?
If not, then you will not be protected should something go wrong with the materials or labor.
5. How long have you been in business here?
You want a company who has been around for a few years and is local. Other companies may only come into town after bad weather and not stand behind their work.
Speaking to a contractor with these concerns can save you time, money and aggravation in the end.